Fashion Editor Wanted
Be a part of VanityHype!
VanityHype is a magazine with a fresh outlook. We are a UK-based independent unisex publication aimed at 20-somethings that combines music, pop culture, style, tattoos, health & fitness, opinions, articles and hot men into a print and digital format. We are striving to promote equality, banish sexism and to have fun along the way!
We don’t follow the pack – we lead the pack. We want to do our own thing, and put our own stamp on the industry.
Location: Nottingham, UK
Job requirements: We are looking for an individual who is extremely interested in the fashion industry. Not only will you have knowledge of the high-end designers, but you’ll also have a large interest in high street fashion and independent labels. As a Fashion Editor, you’ll be able to lead a team of creatives on photo shoots, as well as being able to discuss your own ideas and write features, and work closely with the Editor on each issue. You must currently be based in Nottingham, Derby or surrounding areas to make sure you can get to meetings.
Hours: We need someone who is flexible with their time who can get to meetings, and possibly work at short notice if need be. This isn’t something you’ll be doing every day, and instead just when your time is needed.
Experience: It’ll be perfect for those who would like to work in the media or journalism industry, or those who enjoy writing. Experience isn’t needed, but it is a bonus! Having the passion and a keen interest in the subject, as well as working with VanityHype, is a must!
You’ll need to be –
- Hardworking, focused, driven and passionate about what you are doing
- You must have a professional attitude when working. VanityHype is an independent magazine and it takes hard work and dedication to produce each issue
- A team player, but also able to work alone
- Focused and professional in pressurised situations. It isn’t always easy, but the outcome is worth it!
- Have a positive attitude and be friendly! We like to work with friendly people
- You’ll be able to think outside the box, as well as bring in new ideas, be eager to learn and take in information quickly
- It is important that you have a passion for VanityHype magazine, rather than just a passion for the subject area. You will be working on ideas related and focused towards VanityHype, so you must have an understanding of the type of content we feature
- You will be up-to-date with current trends and how they will relate to our readers
- An understanding on how images and features look and work in a print and digital format magazine is needed. You must know how to translate ideas to the page as a finished product
- Able to understand the importance of using social media to promote work
How to apply: Via application form [see below]. Interviews will take place a few weeks after closing date in Nottingham. Only those who hear back from us within a week of the closing date have an interview.
Closing date: 20th September
All jobs at VanityHype are voluntary and unpaid. Do keep that in mind!
THIS IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO APPLIED!